Hi, I’m Karl! I live in Canberra, Australia, and am studying law at the Australian National University.
Actually, I have only a few months left in the 3-year Juris Doctor degree, which is strange as I’ve spent most of my life before this playing around with technology. The thing is that if you pop your head up from the screen, you’ll see the big and small decisions made in world around you are made with people, not machines.
I have a wonderful wife and two boys who are rapidly growing into kind and gentle young men.
I am interested in new technology, protecting our diminishing environment, and am astonished at the way we are increasingly giving up our freedom and privacy. Other areas of interest include politics, electric vehicles, martial arts, home automation, and the internet of things among many!
If you’d like to get in touch, send an email to email@example.com.
- Juris Doctor, ANU.
- Bachelor of Computing with Honours, University of Tasmania.
- Graduate Diploma in Computing, University of Tasmania.
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Tasmania.
Here is an unpublished example of recent work. It is an essay submitted for course credit in 2016 to the Legal Entrepreneur postgraduate course offered at the Australian National University School of Law.
It points out the dire straits legal service providers are in in Australia, and suggests a solution by automating as much as possible of the questions and issues for which ready solutions can be provided. Download here
Christen, P. and Goiser, K. 2007, ‘Quality and complexity measures for data linkage and deduplication’, in Guillet, F. and Hamilton, H. editors, Quality Measures in Data Mining, Vol. 43 of Studies in Computational Intelligence, Springer, pp. 127-151. Book link
• research assistant • clerkship • clinical law program • Legal Aid programme • Legal Aid internship • Inaugural remote internship
Experience and Skills
- Legal writing, research, advice
- Web development
- App development
- Software design
- Retail sales
- Statistical analysis
- Machine learning
- Environmental Defenders Office ACT committee member & IT director.
- Founding member, Canberra electric vehicle club. CanberraEV
- Studying Aikido.
- Past IT Director, ANU Law Students’ Society (http://www.anulss.com/).
- Webmaster of several public interest web sites.
- Running a Home Automation system - IoT devices, programming and experience
A more detailed résumé can be provided on request.